Diploma in Accommodation Operations
ONE YEAR CERTIFICATION PROGRAM:
Objectives & framework:
- The basic objective of the 1-year Diploma programme is to provide a steady stream of competent young professionals with the necessary knowledge, skills, values, and attitudes to occupy key operational positions in the hospitality industry. The program involves 16 weeks of Industrial Exposure Training in the second year of the course
- The course structure of Diploma programme is designed keeping in view the basic objective stated above. Consequently, certain essential features of such model programme structures would be:
- To impart latest and relevant knowledge from the field of hotel management theory and practice to the students
- To provide opportunities within and outside the college, for developing necessary operating skills necessary for the Hotel Industry
- To develop right kind of values and attitudes to function effectively in the hospitality Industry
EligibilityCitizenship: Indian nationals
Qualification: Pass in 10+2 or equivalent with at least 45% marks
ONE YEAR PROGRAMS:
This course provides knowledge on rooms division operations, housekeeping of the property, managing the staff, maintaining proper accounting of hotel operations, etc.
The course is open to all graduates, admissions for which are done individually by each institute that offer the program. The one and a half year course prepares students to learn how hotels are managed with regards to the rooms division operations and housekeeping of the property. The course supplements knowledge gathered during graduation and how it can be implemented in the hospitality industry. Techniques on how to manage staff and maintain proper accounting of hotel operations are taught during the two semester period. The course prepares students to join as supervisors in small and mid-sized hotels.